This is a recipe that i got from my friend Laura that runs a beautiful food blog. If you like red pepper, garlic and mussels then you need to try this. I have made just some small modifications to this recipe and i hope you like.
Thank you for this Laura, it is wonderful!
- 1.5-2kg mussels
- 2 garlic cloves
- parsley (about 1/4 dl)
- 1 tabs tomato paste
- 1 red pepper (HOT)
- black pepper
- 1/3 dl olive oil
- 1l water
- Peal the garlic and slit the red pepper from top to toe and remove the seeds. Then chop the pepper.
- In a large pot (so large you can fit all mussels) add olive oil, garlic cloves, parsley, red pepper and balck pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then add the mussels and cover; when they open, remove the mussels and add water, tomato paste.
- Let it boil for about 10 min, taste it with salt.
- After 10min add the mussels and let it boil for 1 min. (you might need to take out the mussel from most of the shelfs, but keep some)
Serve with some fresh parsley on top.
You might need more salt then you think, add some and taste, then add more if you need. :-)