The better tomatoes the better sauce you will get.
- 1/4 dl of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced in half
- 1/2 liter of imported Italian tomatoes (a 500 ml large can)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 leaves of basil
- Place garlic and olive oil in large sauce pan.
- Turn heat to medium and cook until garlic is soft and lightly browned.
- Crush the tomatoes and add with their juices.
- Fill empty tomato can 1/4 of the way with water and add to the tomatoes. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer and cook until thickened approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Add chopped basil at very end, stir in and cook for 1 minute more.