This is a lovley sauce that I got served in a restaurant called Mama Ti Lee in Marrakech. It can change a dish in a second!
At first look the sauce lookd like balsamic cream; but at first taste i know it was different. I asked the waiter what sauce it was and he told me it was balsamic. I told him to ask the chef what it was as it tasted garlic and sweet. The owner Cécile Marot gave me the recipe and told us to come back on the Friday at same time and she would then show us how to prepare the sauce. We did so and Cécile kindly sowed us how to prepare this super nice sauce. I now share this with you :-)
- 1,5 table spoons of dijon mustard
- 2.5 table spoons of ketchup
- 1.5 table spoons sugar
- 5 table spoons soy sauce (dark like Dragon chef)
- Food Oil
- 3 garlic cloves (large)
- A peace of ginger, as big as 1 1/2 garlic clove
- some peel from a lemon
- Take out a medium bowl and add the mustard, ketchup, sugar and soya sauce.
- beat the sauce until it is mixd.
- Now you will beat the sauce while you add some oil, start with a little and then you can have more and more. (this is like making a aioli) Remember to beat the sauce so that it doesn’t clash. continue until the sauce is just a little thicker then balsamic cream.
- Now grate (fine) the garlic and the ginger in to the sauce then grate just a little of the lemon peel and add to the sauce. “Like a larger coin aria.”
Beat the sauce and your done!
Thank you very much for this Cécile!
Mama Ti Lee contact info. – (Mama Ti Lee restaurant is top rated in Marrakech)
- Address: Derb la Arsa N°13, Riad Zitoun Jdid, Marrakech Medina, Morocco
- Phone: +212 (0) 524381752
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://mamatilee.blogspot.com/