This is a recipe that i got from my friend Laura, the recipe is really tasty! The problem you might get with this recipe is that you cant get hold of potatoes that are one season old. In sweden you can get it in some better shops (sometimes).
If you like this you should visit Lauras blog HERE, she has allot of amazing recipes on Italian food!
Thanks for this Laura!
Serves 5 and takes about 3h.
- 1 kg old potatoes (old means one season old)
- 200g white powder
- 100g bean curd (if you dont have that you can use regular powder)
- 1 egg
For the Sauce:
- 150g Mortadella
- 4 large tomatos (or simular amount if tomato sauce)
- Thyme (dont take too much, use your senses :-)
- 1/2 dl food cream
- 1 teaspoon pistachios shredded
- Pecorino cheese
- Black pepper
- oliv oil
- Boil the potatoes with the skin on until they are done. Peele them and let them !!cold of completely!!
- Crush the potato and add egg, salt and powders. Bake it with your hands until it is a fine doe. If it gets sticky then add more powder until it is smooth.
- Form longe snakes that are about a finger wide (about 1.5 cm). Cut them in in pieces and then turn them on the edge of a fork to get some nice lines in them.
- Put them all on a large plate for now…
- In a heated, large and deep pan add the Mortadella and some oliv oil.Fry it for about a minute.
- Add the tomato and let it simmer for about 10 min.
- Add the cream, Thyme and pistachios; taste of with pepper and salt.
Finnish it up:
- Take a large pan with water and let it boil. (add some salt)
- Add the Gnocchi and keep an eye on them as you will pick them up when they come to the surface.
- When they surface pick them up and add them to the sauce. (Whip it all together !! carefully!!)
Serve on a beautiful pate and decorate with pistachios and Pecorino cheese.